My Weekly Mom Hack: Mastering Meal Planning with Ease


Hello Reader,

I hope this message finds you well! I'm excited to share one of my favorite weekly rituals with you—a simple yet effective meal-planning strategy that keeps our family dinners running smoothly. Despite not being my favorite task, I've found some fantastic tools that make it much more manageable.

Though skipping this step can lead to a chaotic week, with last-minute grocery runs and unplanned meals, sticking to it makes every evening so much more relaxed. It reminds me of a wise saying from James Clear in "Atomic Habits":

"The costs of your good habits are in the present. The costs of your bad habits are in the future."

This perspective encourages me to stay on track.

Here’s my streamlined approach:

  1. Select Meals: I begin by using the Dinnerly App (website) to plan our meals two weeks ahead.
  2. Check for Staples: I then check our upcoming meals and add any needed staples (like veggies, fruit, or starches) to my grocery app. This is also a good time for me to add snacks and lunch items for the kids.
  3. Extra Meals: If additional meals are needed, I consult my handy Dinner Ideas List. (Grab the free list of printable meal ideas.)

Believe it or not, this entire process takes just 10-15 minutes, and it's a game changer every week!

If you're ever in need of meal inspiration or looking for ways to simplify dinner prep in your household, I'd love to share how these tools can help make your meal planning a breeze.

Enjoy your weekend and happy planning!
XO - Ashley

Frugal Coupon Living

Your source of free printables, fun games, kids' birthday ideas, and beyond. Create frugal, fulfilling memories when you join our community of 35,000+ and unlock a treasure trove of tips and tricks tailored for busy moms. Delight in holiday hacks, imaginative party plans, cherished family traditions, and wallet-friendly solutions for all your special moments. Are you craving family fun without breaking the bank? Subscribe today!

Read more from Frugal Coupon Living

Hi friend, October is almost here! Whether you're planning Sunday School, a fall festival, trunk-or-treat, classroom fun, or a family Halloween night, here are some of my favorite ideas to make planning a little easier. Church + Sunday School Trunk or Treat Ideas Church-Approved Costumes Halloween Bible Crafts & Activity Set Halloween Bible Scavenger Hunt God's Sweet Truths Halloween Candy Craft Let Your Light Shine Pumpkin Craft - Spanish & English Trinity Candy Corn Wheel - Spanish &...

Hi Reader, Happy first day of fall! Pumpkin season is here, and this Pumpkin Prayer Flipbook turns a familiar fall favorite into a meaningful lesson about Jesus. Kids work through four simple prayers: Open My Heart Clean Me Inside Fill Me With Your Love Let Your Light Shine Each page connects pumpkin carving to a Gospel-centered message, helping kids understand how Jesus changes us from the inside out. BONUS ALERT: Want to shop the Halloween Bible Craft & Activity Set? I’ve included the...

Hola Reader, Fun fact: Did you know I am half Cuban? Yep, my dad immigrated to Miami in the 70s. It's been on my heart to turn some popular crafts into Spanish, and I have finally gotten some done. And if you need both languages, I’ve made it easy. When you shop these new (and older) resources directly in the Frugal Coupon Living Shop, you’ll receive both the English AND Spanish versions together in one set. Currently available in English + Spanish: The Great Commission Wheel Back-to-School...